Tuesday, June 12, 2012

FITTING DESIGNS FOR ODD SHAPED PEOPLE

Well, I've making a myriad of clothing for my weenie kid - and modifying patterns is fraught with potential problems if a lot of measuring and preparation thinking hasn't taken place prior to the cut!

Lengthening pants is pretty simple as long as you retract or extend the design at the recommended markings on the pattern.  This is probably more important during the making of clothing to fit the torso however I have discovered that adjusting sleeves can be a bit of a problem too.

To ensure that anyone besides myself is dressing my weenie kid, I've always put some sort of embellishment on the front of the pants.  With no tag to sew on, I don't want to discover my Cornelia De Lange angel has her clothes on back-to-front!



No comments:

Post a Comment